Translate

Thursday 23 May 2013

MAKE IT MANLY

Hi everyone,

I am here again today with a card I made for the Cheery Lyn Challenge and in addition I was inspired by two more Challenges, where the themes fit perfectly.

I have a different sort of card to my normal sort of thing today.  Well manly cards and me don't always see eye to eye, so I decided I needed to find something to inspire me into doing something different.  I started this a little while  ago and then it got put ot one side (as they do) I dug out my Cheery Lynn dies, and am pleased I have done so, it made me realise how much I miss using them.  The Flourish die I have not used for simply months!  The earthy papers I found in my stash (DCWV I think) and the compass is a die-cut I bought from EBay years ago!

Cheery Lynn dies used:  Flourish, Corner, frames and doiley.

My aim was to achieve something that looked like a chest of drawers that we may find in our Garden Shed.  And the image is of course a Penny Black rubbber stamp which I stamped and coloured with copics.  You know what,j I enjoyed doing this and I will definitely make others like it for men now.

Again I opted for a different shape.  I started off cutting a base card 6.6 inches x 4 inches with the fold at the top.  I then layered a 5.5 inch square card onto this, with the inside hanging down at the back.  The design is carried to the inside of the square card also.


and inside:
I would like to enter the following Challenges:

Cheery Lynn Challenge - Make it Manly
Shopping OurStash Challenge - What's In Your toolshed? (Cheery Lynn dies)
Clear It our Challenge -Earthly with Critters (papers, stamp and dies)

Thank you for looking, I am off for a well earned coffee now!

Judy x

16 comments:

  1. Hi dear Judy,
    oh well, your card is gorgeous. I love the Man-Style of that card, the brown is perfect for that :) The Die's you've used are wonderful.

    Hope you enjoy the cup of coffee :)

    Much Love, Dunja xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow Judy, what a great design. This card shape and layout is fantastic!! That sure is a cute image and the tag with the bow is an awesome addition. If you have the time maybe you could post tutorials for your shaped card on SCS. Your designs really are unique. "Hugs" Carol

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you carried off the draw idea perfectly Judy and such very neat stitching as well, not easy in a circle.

    Looks like I missed a post yesterday, not sure how so apologies about that.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an amazing male card and all the details are so fabulous xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is wonderful Judy. A brill male card. Love the cute image and the design and embellishments are fab as is the colour scheme.
    Hugs Sharon. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is brilliant Judy, it does look just like a little chest of drawers - perhaps a little clean and tidy to be in the shed, such an adorable image and great colours.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Judy, What a fabulous male card... Love those dies & beautiful image... Love those drawers..Fantastic inside & out... Hugs May x x x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful manly card, Judy! The inside is fantastic too!...Nancy :o)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Judy,
    You never cease to amaze me and once again you have created an amazing card! Your idea for this card is fantastic and the colors work so well for a man card. Thank you very much for joining us this week at Cheery Lynn Designs.

    Your biggest fan!

    Huge Hugs*
    Joann

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful card design, cute image and colors.

    regards diane

    ReplyDelete
  11. stunning male card judy.really fabulous design and I love the darker colours, so striking ;D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for joining us at CIO challenge hope you stop by again to play...great take on the challenge tfs...LYNN B.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous manly card Judy, love the framing and the little drawers on it. Thanks for joining us this week at Cheery Lynn Designs.
    hugs
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great card, Judy. It certainly does look like a chest of drawers. So glad you got your dies out and had a play with them. Good luck and thanks for joining in on the fun at Cheery Lynn Designs challenge blog.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I thought you had made a chest of drawers at first - very clever! Thanks for joining us at the Cheery Lynn Designs Challenge and good luck!
    hugs,
    Gini

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great card Judy, love the chest of draws idea, thanks for joining us this week over at Cheery Lynn.
    Hugs
    Sheila xx

    ReplyDelete